What is Make Food Kinder?
Right now, public institutions (such as schools) and local authorities across England are serving food tarnished by animal cruelty.
FOUR PAWS UK is calling on local authorities to reduce meat and animal products, and exclude the worst animal cruelty in the food served at public institutions. Together, we want local authorities to:
- reduce meat and animal products and replace them with healthier, plant-based alternatives
- exclude some of the cruelest farming practices such as cage-keeping and beak-trimming
- be more transparent and publish a food policy showing their commitment to meat reduction and animal welfare.
Is your money paying for animal cruelty?
Find your local authority on our interactive map and TAKE ACTION to demand they reduce animal products and improve animal welfare standards today!
- We want local authorities to reduce their meat and animal products, and replace them with healthy, plant-based alternatives.
- We want local authorities to stop using public money to support some of the cruelest farming practices, and to introduce a strong animal welfare policy that commits to less animal products and where animal products are used - to be sourced from higher welfare systems!
What do we mean by 'cruelest farming practices'?
Examples of some of the cruelest farming practices include:
- no cage-keeping
- no mutilations / no mutilations without anesthesia and post operative pain relief
- no fast growing breeds
- access to the outdoors
- more space
- more enrichment
We are working with local authorities to ensure they are not using public money to support such examples of animal cruelty by reducing meat and animal products, and only supporting higher welfare systems.