FOUR PAWS' solution
Back in March of this year, FOUR PAWS took its first steps towards tackling this issue when it signed an agreement with the Albanian Ministry of Environment agreeing formally to work together to find a solution.
Now, we are working hard to achieve our long-term goal, which is to completely end cruel keeping of bears across Albania. This may seem ambitious, but with your support we already achieved similar outcomes in Bulgaria and Kosovo, and we’re confident we can do the same in Albania!
Here’s just some of the things we’ll be working towards to end the cruel, private-keeping of bears in Albania for good:
- Calling for and supporting improved enforcement of existing laws affecting bears
- Pushing for a new law banning the private keeping of bears and ensuring it is enforced properly
- Raising widespread awareness of wildlife conservation and animal welfare
- Rescuing some of the bears in the most devastating conditions and giving them a new life in FOUR PAWS’ BEAR SANCTUARY Prishtina
- Supporting the Albanian Ministry of Environment in establishing a bear rescue centre whereby FOUR PAWS will act as consultant and take on an expert role in the construction of a new species-appropriate facility with high keeping standards and quality control.